Presentation Operative (Internal Presentation Operative) (Cleaning) - St James Quarter
Posted 11 days ago
On implementation, St James Quarter (SJQ) will be a world-renowned retail-led mixed-use destination comprising 850,000sf of prime retail, food and leisure space, a multi-screen cinema, a world class “W” hotel, 152 private apartments and a 4-star aparthotel. Phase 1 of the development is due to complete in Spring 2021 and is already digitally active across social media and the SJQ website. In the run up to phase 1 opening and beyond as a sustainable development there is a requirement for a more active digital role.
JOB TITLE: Presentation Operative (Internal Presentation Operative)
LOCATION: Edinburgh, St James Quarter
REPORTING TO: Cleaning Supervisor / Deputy Presentation Manager
OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Respect - This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting differences and supporting one another. Collaboration- This is all about teamwork and remembering that we are all working towards the same goal. It’s also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are one team! Integrity-This is about being honest, reliable and trustworthy and always delivering on promises. Innovation-This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas and having the confidence to share them. At the same time it’s about embracing change. Excellence -This is all about striving to be the very best brand ambassador, exceeding expectations to build value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage. Trust -This is all about being consistent, organised and reliable. It’s also about doing what you say you are going to do and not promising what you can’t deliver.
On implementation, St James Quarter (SJQ) will be a world-renowned retail-led mixed-use destination comprising 850,000sf of prime retail, food and leisure space, a multi-screen cinema, a world class “W” hotel, 152 private apartments and a 4-star aparthotel.
Phase 1 of the development is due to complete in Spring 2021 and is already digitally active across social media and the SJQ website. In the run up to phase 1 opening and beyond as a sustainable development there is a requirement for a more active digital role.
Purpose of the Role
As a Presentation Operative you will be required to deliver the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout St James Quarter, internally and externally by ensuring that all areas are fully maintained and safe through a planned and reactive management operations programme. ABM UK strive to meet our clients demands in the best way possible with guest experience and high quality service being of vital importance. Please note although this position is advertised as Internal Presentation Operatives there may be occasion you will be asked to support the external or waste team and Nightshift Presentation Team and expectation is all colleagues on site work together as One Team.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
This role will include the following;
- To support the Cleaning Presentation Supervision Team/ Deputy Presentation Manager in the day-to-day operational ensuring you perform your role in a timely manner and high standards are achieved.
- Be an active team member on site ensuring service is delivered to high standard and all colleagues display appropriate behaviours and add value to the service operation and guest experience throughout
- Take pride in your cleaning duties ensuring you focus on detail and work as part of the team to ensure high standards are achieved.
- To ensure high standards of housekeeping are achieved at all times, being flexible, able to meet the changing operational needs on a continual basis and to suggest new initiatives to ensure best practice is constantly delivered in accordance with cleaning specification and to BICs Standards.
- Continuously communicate with the on site supervision and management team to ensure discussions are open and honest and aimed at methods to improve operation, standards and guest experience
- To provide support to the business in service-related matters and promote the ABM FS brand at all times.
- Ensure a focus from all colleagues in enhancing guest experience and consider and recommend improvement and any way our presentation teams can enhance and positively impact guest experience
- Ensure you carry out your duties in the correct manner which delivers high standards or results
- Ensure company compliance is followed for all COSHH and Health and Safety Matters
- To carry out cleaning assignment responsibilities as designated by management / cleaning schedule including deep clean tasks.
- Ensure you display qualities of Team Work, positive approach and can do attitude throughout
- To act as a team with your colleagues on site and take pride in your work to ensure high standards are achieved.
- Ensure ABM/ Site Health and Safety Policies and Procedures (Including Centre Standards ) are adhered to including accident reporting
- Provide daily feedback on duties completed, any challenges and areas for improvement. Team working and open communication is important to ABM and St James Quarter.
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is operated as per training provided and daily pre use checks are completed. Ensuring machinery is cleaned and charged after use
- Correct usage of cleaning chemicals in line with COSHH regulations, ensure all materials are stored safely, monitoring and ordering of consumables and materials in line with minimum stock levels whilst ensuring best value for money at all times.
- Ensure you attend work in a well dressed and presentable manner every day and take pride in how you look and represent the brand.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- We are looking for some team members to have driving licences so licence would be preferred.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Well organised with an attention to detail.
- Cleaning Experience.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a proactive outlook.
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility.