Full Time Retail Sales Consultant
Posted 10 days ago
We are proud to have recently achieved the number 1 position in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021, in addition to being announced as ‘Retail’s Best Company to Work For’ 2021. It’s also our 16th consecutive year of receiving three-star accreditation for ‘world class’ levels of workplace engagement. Further recognition has also been received at The UK Jewellery Awards where we were awarded both Retailer of the Year and Employer of the Year for 2021 and at The Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.Apply Direct
Contract: 40 hours per week, permanent
Location: Edinburgh St James
As Sales Consultants at Beaverbrooks, we’re not here to passively take payments from customers. We’re here to passionately sell stunning pieces of jewellery, watches and diamonds.
To create moments that will last a lifetime. For every customer, every time.
Every single day holds the promise of a moment you’ll never forget.
We are proud to have recently achieved the number 1 position in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021, in addition to being announced as ‘Retail’s Best Company to Work For’ 2021. It’s also our 16th consecutive year of receiving three-star accreditation for ‘world class’ levels of workplace engagement. Further recognition has also been received at The UK Jewellery Awards where we were awarded both Retailer of the Year and Employer of the Year for 2021 and at The Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
- It means knowing how to encourage love and appreciation for our products. So it means knowing each one of them and what makes it special.
- It means knowing how to display and present those products in a way that lights up customers’ eyes as they pass our windows and once they’re in store too.
- It also means listening to customers to understand their needs and price ranges, too. How much they would like to spend for something really special. And how you can help them find that.
- And it means seeing customers’ eyes light up when we help them find the perfect item. Gifts for friends, family and loved ones. People treating themselves to something special. Engagements, weddings, birthdays and Christmases.
- Make no mistake, there's a lot to learn. About the products, the people and the Beaverbrooks Way. After all we’re jewellers, not cashiers.
- And be prepared for accountability. Truth is, you’re going to have to work hard if you want to keep up. But, believe us, you’ll want to keep up.
- We’re realistic about people’s goals. That’s why our sales targets are always based on the last year’s achievements. We let you know how well you’re doing so you can grow your skills and help grow the business. And so we can reward you properly when you do even better.
The Ideal Candidate
- As for you, well, your passion for the customer experience is only equalled by your down-to-earth approach. And you’ll love working with colleagues who share the same values and commitment to amazing service as you.
- You’re the kind of person who knows the value of listening to customers. Who’s open and honest with them. Who likes to turn the everyday into the extraordinary.
- Maybe you’ll have some merchandising experience to enhance your ability to create the extraordinary. We’ll train you if not, but one thing’s for sure… You’ll certainly have a great eye for detail and what good looks like.
- And you not only have a brilliant instinct, but also an understanding that you’re going to have to put plenty in to get out what you want. That’s what makes you truly unique.
About the Company
Established in 1919 we now have 72 stores across the UK. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
From the very smallest details to the big important things. You’ll feel it in the warm and familiar way we talk to each other and you’ll feel it in the way we engage with the wider community, too.
As a company – we’re true to our word. When we say we’re going to do something, we go all out to do it. And every individual is truly valued.
If you take care of Beaverbrooks, Beaverbrooks will take care of you.
Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 33 days the March after completion of 2 years’ service.
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Career progression - Everyone who works here has the same opportunities. The same chance to be more than maybe they even realised they could. We deliver it through home study, accelerated learning and individual coaching. We act on it by promoting you into management or a role with more responsibility.
- Wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle to work scheme
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood. We are a COVID secure work place - whilst government restrictions have been lifted, at Beaverbrooks our store safety measures will remain in place for now.
Our focus throughout has been keeping our customers and colleagues safe, so we'll continue to wear face coverings and observe social distancing - and we'll be asking our customers to do the same.
The Hallmark of Amazing People