Car Park Attendant
Posted 3 months ago
The St James Quarter (SJQ) is a world-renowned retail-led mixed-use destination comprising 850,000sf of prime retail, food and leisure space, a multi-screen cinema, a world class “W” hotel, 152 private apartments and a 4-star aparthotel. The Care Park Group is a global parking and property services provider with over 500 Car Parks managed and owned around the world.
Purpose of the role
To provide a seamless journey for SJQ customers entering the shopping centre via the car park. The aim of Care Park is to ensure these customers have a safe and efficient experience of the facility and are provided assistance by our well-trained attendants whenever required.
You will be based at the St James Quarter car park working 38/39 hours per week. You will be working on a variable shift pattern which will consist of between 9 half to 10 half hour days. Your earliest start will be 6.15am and your latest finish 2.15am.
Driving license preferred.
- Resolving customer concerns and complaints
- Conducting regular foot patrols of the Car Park
- Monitoring Activity in the Car Park to deter criminal activity
- Cleaning all areas of the Car Park as required
- Implementing traffic control measures - regulating entry and exit of vehicles
- Maintaining good levels of communication with Supervisor/Manager
- Operating Car Park Equipment as appropriate
- Providing customer advice and assistance regarding the shopping centre
- Cash handling
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong language and communication skills and relate to customers in a friendly and professional manner
- High degree of customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactivity and initiative in providing ideas, suggestions, and initiatives to improve the occupancy and revenue of the car park
- Strong computer skills
- Previous car park / customer service skills are preferred but not essential.
If successful you will be rewarded as one of our Care Park family with:
- A salary of £10.00 per hour
- Opportunity to join the pension scheme
- Full uniform provided
- Excellent on-site facilities available to employees
- Paid holiday leave
- Cycle to work scheme
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £10.00 per hour