Service Road Security Officer - St James Quarter
Posted 6 months ago
Croma Vigilant are seeking a proactive individual to provide Service Road management within a newly built prestigious development in Edinburgh City Centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the logistical service delivered to all internal and external customers. You will be self-motivated and confident in your communications to provide a high level of customer service at all times. This opportunity operates on a full-time contract working 12 hour shifts on a 4 on 4 off basis. We offer a competitive pay rate of £10.50 per hour and you will be entitled to 19.6 days holiday per annum including bank holidays. An SIA licence is required for this role.
• Deliver a high standard of customer service at all times
• Take ownership of the associated computer software programme (Voyage Control) to co-ordinate and schedule service road activity.
• Have the ability to manage the flow of traffic in the area and be able to communicate with other stakeholders.
• Provide a professional first impression by greeting all visitors and guests • Monitor and patrol the Service Road area at all times
• Act as the first point of contact in case of emergency within the Service Road. • Support the flow of goods in and out ensuring a safe, secure and efficient service.
• Ensure that any incidents within the car park are dealt with in a professional manner ensuring all reporting is carried out.
• Anticipate and action client/management requirements in a professional manner.
• Communicate where required visitor or client arrivals with a high level of discretion.
• Provide a high level of concierge services and have a wide knowledge of provisions within local and surrounding areas.
• Ensure all fire exits are kept clear. Health & Safety issues are reported.
• Ability and fore sight to create a safe environment for all guests and visitors. • Maintain a high security awareness at all times. • CCTV interaction where required. • Complete a full detailed handover at the end of each shift.
• Professional, happy to work outdoors, flexible, enthusiastic, proactive, self–motivated team player
• Good IT understanding and knowledge of systems
• Previous Loading Bay/Service Road and Logistics experience
• Flexible and positive attitude to work
• Holds a true passion for high standards of customer service delivery
• Previous experience in a car parking, retail environment or a customer service facing role
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Immaculate presentation • Ability to work independently with confidence, using own initiative as required • Ability to work as part of and contribute to the wider team enhancing the One Team ethos. • Have the ability to take ownership of situations and react promptly. • Carry out any other reasonable request a requested by management. • Look for opportunities to enhance client/visitor experience • Clear, concise and confident communication skills which are customer service orientated with a very keen eye for detail • Confidence and common sense to access and utilize expert resources when making decisions • Maintain and practice a high degree of confidentiality at all times • Computer literate, confident in completing shift handovers • Have an acute sense of security awareness • Valid SIA licence is required • Manual Handling and Banksman Training will be provided
Training and Development
Croma Vigilant is committed to the principles of Investors in People as a means of ensuring the continued efficiency of the service it provides. As part of the commitment, each employee has a responsibility to develop the skills, knowledge and ability required to meet the challenges of their own job and objectives in their development plan.
Croma Vigilant is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity and to the principle that employees should be entitled to work free from intimidation or harassment.
All employees have a responsibility not only for their own behaviour but for the behaviour of others regarding equality of opportunity. Any act of discrimination must be avoided and any incidents reported accordingly.
The duties of the post may be varied by the deletion of any of the tasks specified or by the addition of associated work
Please note, feedback for the opporunity will be provided early January 2021