Retail Assistant - 6 months fixed term contract
Johnstons of Elgin
Posted 23 days ago
We are delighted to be accepting applications for a full-time 37.5 hours retail opportunity within our Flagship store on Multrees Walk.
About the Role
The customer is at the heart of what we do at Johnstons of Elgin and providing a first-class shopping experience and exceptional service to visitors is paramount.
You will be:
- building strong relationships with customers to drive repeat business
- operating the till and carrying out transactions
- an ambassador of the company sharing knowledge of company processes involved in both woven and knitted cashmere products
- confident in styling & advising customers on fit and styles
- assisting with visual merchandising, stock management & replenishment
To enable the successful candidate to deliver outstanding service, full training in product knowledge, the production process and the company heritage will be provided.
- have exemplary customer service skills and an understanding of luxury retail
- have a keen interest in craftmanship and authentic Scottish textile manufacturing
- preferably have previous experience within a fast-paced, customer facing environment
- be a team player
- have a pro-active approach and can-do attitude
- have excellent communication skills
- be able to stay calm under pressure
- have high attention to detail and drive high standards on the shop floor,
- have strong commercial awareness and keep up to date with the latest fashion trends
Johnstons of Elgin is an innovative, luxury clothing brand with over 220 years of experience in working with the world’s finest fibres. Across three centuries, our family–owned company has carefully sourced cashmere and fine woollen fibres from around the world, applying the latest technology and highest quality craft expertise in our own vertical Scottish mills. Employing over 850 staff, our valued employees and communities are at the heart of everything we do, producing unique, high–quality designs which are made to last. Our brand is focused on sustainability, working with natural, renewable and biodegradable fibres and we are committed to maintaining a minimal environmental footprint.