Retail Assistant Store Manager
Posted 3 months ago
Our French heart pulses through our international brand. With 100 years of heritage, we are future focused as we push ourselves and each other to connect every cook with personal stories and our rich legacy of food lovers to a lifestyle that inspires. Building beautiful products of the best quality that bring joy to people’s lives for generations. We want to ensure that the heart of every home beats from the kitchen. Through our values of PASSION, INTEGRITY, INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE and TEAMWORK, we make Le Creuset a great place to work, celebrating our rich diversity of 22 countries & cultures across EMEA.
Assist the Store Manager in the smooth running of the store in order to achieve sales and cost targets. Helping and advising customers, ensuring that excellent levels of customer care and service are delivered at all times.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the store ensuring that it is trading effectively, and that customers are greeted and helped with their product selection and dealing with any special orders, complaints and enquiries as appropriate.
- Deputise in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Assist with the day-to-day coordination of employees including ensuring that the store is adequately covered.
- Assist with the implementation of local marketing events and activities including arranging in store cookery demonstrations and other special events.
- Process all sales transactions quickly and efficiently following the correct till procedures and ensuring the safe and accurate storage of monies.
- Cash up in accordance with company procedures and policies, at all times with employees and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
- Assist with implementing shop merchandising and layout so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance and image whilst observing health and safety requirements.
- Assist with carrying out stock takes as directed ensuring that these are completed accurately and according to Company guidelines.
- Actively promote and present all products using company sales techniques including advising customers on product suitability, care and use of products.
- Ensure high levels of product knowledge by reading up on products, attending courses and visits as directed. Ensure the store is clean and tidy by carrying out housekeeping duties and by working to ensure the upkeep and condition of all equipment, fixtures and the fabric of all areas of the shop.
- Assist as directed in receiving and sorting stock deliveries ensuring that all relevant paperwork is completed correctly.
- Act as a key holder and ensure that the store is opened and locked up according to Company security procedures.
- Ensure security procedures are followed according to Company and Centre Management policy.
- Carry out from time to time and as directed, any other duties as required in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within your capabilities.
- Ensure that at all times you take care of your health and safety and that of others by complying with health and safety obligations, particularly by reporting promptly any defects, risks or potential hazards.
- Assist the Store Manager with ensuring all employees are thoroughly trained in the Health and Safety procedures of the store including manual handling and that risk assessments are carried out.
Skills & Qualifications
- Basic Numeracy and Literacy qualifications
- Excellent oral skills
- Proven Customer Service skills
- Selling and up-selling skills
- Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel to Basic skill level
- Interest in cooking
Behaviours & Competencies
- Communication (Oral & Listening): Adapts his/her oral communications to audience and fosters clear and effective communication with others. Is able to build relationships and interact effectively across functions, seniority levels, personalities, and cultures with confidence. Actively listens.
- Teamwork: Co-operates with others and is able, where appropriate, to complement the roles of others by taking on the role of a leader, peer or subordinate. He/she displays empathy and actively supports other team members when under pressure.
- Leadership: Acts as a role model, anticipates and plans effectively for change. Demonstrates vision. Garners loyalty, esteem and confidence of employees. Identifies and unlocks employee potential.
- Customer Awareness: Takes personal pride and is driven by exceeding customer’s expectations with regards to his/her product knowledge, understanding of customer needs, and provision of quality solutions.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness in varying work environments where circumstances and priorities are changing. Other Information Able to work retail trading hours (usual retail trading hours are from Monday to Sunday with occasional late evenings and bank holidays).