Sales Assistant - Keyholder
Posted a month ago
Assist the Store Manager / Assistant Manager in the smooth running of the store in order to achieve sales and cost targets. Helping and advising customers, ensuring that excellent levels of customer care and service are delivered at all times.
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the store ensuring that it is trading effectively, and that customers are greeted and helped with their product selection and dealing with any special orders, complaints and enquiries as appropriate.
- Deputise in the absence of the Store Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Assist with the day-to-day supervision of employees including ensuring that the store is adequately covered. Assist as directed with the recording of business performance figures, ensuring that all figures recorded are accurate.
- Assist with the implementation of advertising and promotional strategies and activities including arranging in store cookery demonstrations and other special events.
- Process all sales transactions quickly and efficiently following the correct till procedures and ensuring the safe and accurate storage of monies.
- Cash up in accordance with company procedures and policies, at all times with employees and customer safety as the uppermost priority.
- Assist with implementing shop merchandising and layout so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance and image whilst observing health and safety requirements.
- Assist with carrying out stock takes as directed ensuring that these are completed accurately and according to Company guidelines.
- Actively promote and present all products using company sales techniques including advising customers on product suitability and care and use of products.
- Ensure high levels of product knowledge by reading up on products, attending courses and visits as directed. Ensure the store is clean and tidy by carrying out housekeeping duties and by working to ensure the upkeep and condition of all equipment, fixtures, and the fabric of all areas of the shop.
- Assist as directed in receiving and sorting stock deliveries ensuring that all relevant paperwork is completed correctly.
- Act as a key holder and ensure that the store is opened and locked up according to Company security procedures.
- Ensure security procedures are followed according to Company and Centre Management policy.
- Carry out from time to time and as directed, any other duties as required in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within your capabilities.
- 2 years’ experience of working in a customer facing/service environment
- Experience of working in a retail environment, for a premium brand
- Supervisory experience
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION:
- Must be capable of lifting objects that weigh 25-29 pounds (continuous heavy lifting due to cast iron products)
- Basic Numeracy and literacy qualifications
- Excellent oral skills
- Good Customer Service skills
- Selling skills
- Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel to Basic skill level
- Interest in cooking
This role requires you to be a minimum of 18 years old due to the additional responsibilities involved (i.e. opening/closing the store, safeguarding of keys, occasional lone working, call outs for an alarm activation; if the Store Manager and Assistant Manager were unavailable). Able to work retail trading hours (usual retail trading hours are from Monday to Sunday with occasional late evenings and bank holidays).