Guest Services Desk Ambassador (16 Hours)
St James Quarter
Posted 4 months ago
St James Quarter is a new retail led, lifestyle district that fully integrates into and enhances Edinburgh’s City Centre providing an inspiring, attractive, and vibrant destination for locals and visitors to live, shop, eat, sleep and play. St James Quarter will house an enviable line up of restaurants, cafés, bars, shops, public spaces and leisure venues covering 1.7 million square feet. St James Quarter is set to become a welcoming cultural and lifestyle hub for art, culture and fashion that will complement the city’s world-renowned cultural offering and support its vibrant events calendar.
Purpose of the role
The Mall Ambassador plays a pivotal part in the delivery of our St James Quarter World Class Guest experience. As a roaming ambassador you will ensure all St James Quarter Guests, receive a stress-free end to end experience. The Mall Ambassador will be a point of contact for all enquiries linked to St James Quarter, the City Centre and more and will operate with a guest-centric focus every day, providing opportunities to surprise and delight our Guests, allowing them to leave St James Quarter with lasting memorable experiences. The job holder will be part of a team of 17 delivering World Class Guest Service. The team is made up of 1 Guest Services Manager, 2 Guest Service Team Leaders, 5 roaming Mall Ambassadors, 1 Dropit Site Manager, 1 Guest Mobility Manager, 1 Guest Mobility Assistant, 2 Guest Mobility Ambassadors and 4 Guest Service Desk Ambassadors, ensuring that you deliver the standards and behaviours commensurate with the shopping, dining, entertaining and catering experiences (including experiences of the car park, Hotels, leisure, F&B) at St James Quarter.
- You will be part of a team of 5 who will work on a shift basis based at various hotspots within St James Quarter and will deliver on the following (this list is not exhaustive) Guest Services:
- Hands-Free shopping (Dropit)
- Guest Mobility
- Lost and Found
- Tourist Information
- Public Transport Enquiries
- Gift Cards
- Guest Feedback
- Carry out daily operations and work in a collaborative manner with the St James Quarter Guest Services Team.
- Maintain the Brand Presentation guidelines to further enhance the Guest Experience and further develop the World Class Guest service culture throughout.
- Ensure all Guests visiting the Quarter receive a proactive and engaging welcome, including a warm and positive St James quarter “Haste Ye Back” to all Guests, providing a memorable first and last impression of St James Quarter by exceeding the Guests expectations.
- Provide solutions, recommendations and personalisation service to our Guests and their day to day enquiries / requirements.
- Provide an engaging, intuitive and empathetic service to all Guests by anticipating their needs, desires or concerns and act as a liaison between our Guests, Security, Maintenance, and all other departments.
- Enhance the Guests Experience by understanding our St James Quarter Vision and Values surrounding:
- Security, Health and Safety
- Compliance with all Savills Mandatory training
- Cleaning standards
- Staff Grooming and presentation
- Guest and Staff Interaction & Staff courtesy
- Ambience of St James Quarter − Influencing key customer touch points e.g. car park, facilities, etc
- Obtain knowledge and become a “local insider” in order to assist with the varying enquiries from our Guests.
- Assist all Guests providing the Gift of Feedback and follow the Gift of Feedback process including “keeping in touch and a first-class service recovery, ensuring the voice of the Guest is shared with key stakeholders and the senior management team via our reporting platform.
- Input in Mystery Shop / Net Promoter score programme.
- Understand and comply with all on site Emergency Procedures and all statutory and mandatory health and safety relevant to this position, which is pivotal in assisting our Guests, the St James Quarter Team and Brand Partners.
- Attend daily scheduled huddles with the Guest Services Team.
- Forge and maintain positive relations with Guests, Retailers, F&B, cinema, hotels, car park operator and various service partners.
- You may be required to use radio communication at times, which is bound by strict protocols.
- Adhere to our St James Quarter Tone of Voice.
- In order to enhance the Guest experience, obtain personal data from our Guests and share with the Guest Services Team via the appropriate channels. This will be achieved by displaying our personalised proactive greeting and Haste Ye Back World Class Guest Service Standards.
- Brand Enhancement
- Ensure that the Centre Brand Guidelines are always adhered to and develop the team to deliver first class customer service.
- Consistently exceed customer expectations and deliver long term, sustainable customer satisfaction both internally and externally.
- Satisfy guest expectations of value by understanding the relative importance they place on quality of services and facilities.
- Assist all Guests with enquiries in a timely manner by displaying a human first approach, empathy and going above and beyond ensuring we continually meet our St James Quarter World Class Guest Standards.
- Set the example of being a Luxury Hospitality/Retail Services representative within St James Quarter in behaviour, presentation and in all means of communications.
- Deliver all Guest Services with a human first approach, showing flexibility and a can-do attitude.
- Identify opportunities to surprise and delight all guests whilst delivering a personalised service.
- Build strong partnerships/ relationships with all St James Quarter Brands, both current and prospective when needed or requested.
- Aid team members who may be experiencing difficulties, “One Team, One Dream” approach.
- Assist the Guest Services Team to deliver specific KPIs.
- Commit to assisting all at St James Quarter to deliver our sustainability vision.
Background & Skills
- Preferred experience in similar role ideally within either the Retail, Hotel or Tourism and Travel industries.
- Able to manage complexity and able to deliver with short deadlines.
- Outstanding stakeholder management, strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously. High energy, calm under pressure, real team player.
- Demonstrates drive, resilience, open and innovation when working in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Decisive and collaborative in equal measures.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal & communication skills, with the ability to be flexible.
- Fluent in English, other International languages would be desirable.
- Demonstrate World Class Service either within experienced of Retail or Hospitality backgrounds.
Requirements – Personal Characteristics
- Able to work weekends and late nights in line with core opening hours and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to have difficult conversations, clearly explain initiatives in sufficient detail to gain understanding, and the support of internal and external customers and partners.
- Considered a ‘go to’ person recognised as a role model internally and externally.
- Credible across service areas, creates positive working environments, manages conflict.
- Demonstrates high personal standards, able to identify positive behaviours in others.
- Demonstrates consistent excellence in standards, behaviours, knowledge and skills.
- Develops knowledge and skills of others to deliver objectives.
- Experienced in influencing people, including people senior to their role. A Team player is key.
- Innovative and creative, challenges accepted beliefs.
- Motivated to participate in development opportunities that increase capability and performance.
- Self - motivated, positive interpersonal skills yet determined. Bounces back after setbacks.
- Willing to integrate across service areas, cross functional customer experience improvements are developed and implemented to the benefit of the organisation.
- Have a “Human First” approach.
- Be agile, adaptable and resilient.
Requirements – Qualifications
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in the use of iOS or Android Devices.
- Proven experience World Class Service in Guest Services.
- Proven experience in developing others.
- Preferable to be Social media Savvy.
- St James Quarter: Managing Director, Operations and Sustainability Director, Retail & Hospitality, Direct Reports, Senior Managers, Guest Services Team
- Retailers/ F&B, leisure and Hotels: Store Managers and Occupier Forums.
- Savills Management: HR & training and Site Surveyor
- Nuveen: Asset Director, Asset Manager, Project Director
- Contractors/Employment Partners: Directors/Senior Management at all Head Contractors & Employment Partners.
- External: Edinburgh Council, Tourist Board, Airport, Travel and Cruise Companies, City Centre BID, Emergency Services (Police City Centre Commander, Fire Officer, Ambulance Service Commander, Highways Departments, Local Transport Operators.