Guest Services - Mall Ambassador
St James Quarter
Posted 22 days ago
The Mall Ambassador plays a pivotal part in the delivery of our St James Quarter World Class Guest experience. As a roaming ambassador, you will ensure all St James Quarter Guests, receive a stress-free end to end experience. The Mall Ambassador will be a point of contact for all enquiries linked to St James Quarter, the City Centre and more and will operate with a guest-centric focus every day, providing opportunities to surprise and delight our Guests, allowing them to leave St James Quarter with lasting memorable experiences.
- You will be part of a team of 5 who will work on a shift basis based at various hotspots within St James Quarter and will deliver on the following (this list is not exhaustive) Guest Services:
· Hands-Free shopping (Dropit)
· Guest Mobility
· Lost and Found
· Tourist Information
· Public Transport Enquiries
· Gift Cards
· Guest Feedback
- Carry out daily operations and work in a collaborative manner with the St James Quarter Guest Services Team.
- Maintain the Brand Presentation guidelines to further enhance the Guest Experience and further develop the World Class Guest service culture throughout.
- Ensure all Guests visiting the Quarter receive a proactive and engaging welcome, including a warm and positive St James quarter “Haste Ye Back” to all Guests, providing a memorable first and last impression of St James Quarter by exceeding the Guests expectations.
- Provide solutions, recommendations and personalisation service to our Guests and their day to day enquiries / requirements.
- Provide an engaging, intuitive and empathetic service to all Guests by anticipating their needs, desires or concerns and act as a liaison between our Guests, Security, Maintenance, and all other departments.
- Enhance the Guests Experience by understanding our St James Quarter Vision and Values surrounding:
- Security, Health and Safety
- Compliance with all Savills Mandatory training
- Cleaning standards
- Staff Grooming and presentation
- Guest and Staff Interaction & Staff courtesy
- Ambience of St James Quarter − Influencing key customer touch points e.g. car park, facilities, etc
- Obtain knowledge and become a “local insider” in order to assist with the varying enquiries from our Guests.
- Assist all Guests providing the Gift of Feedback and follow the Gift of Feedback process including “keeping in touch and a first-class service recovery, ensuring the voice of the Guest is shared with key stakeholders and the senior management team via our reporting platform.
- Input in Mystery Shop / Net Promoter score programme.
- Understand and comply with all on site Emergency Procedures and all statutory and mandatory health and safety relevant to this position, which is pivotal in assisting our Guests, the St James Quarter Team and Brand Partners.
- Assist all Guests with enquiries in a timely manner by displaying a human first approach, empathy and going above and beyond ensuring we continually meet our St James Quarter World Class Guest Standards.
- Set the example of being a Luxury Hospitality/Retail Services representative within St James Quarter in behaviour, presentation and in all means of communications.
- Deliver all Guest Services with a human first approach, showing flexibility and a can-do attitude.
- Identify opportunities to surprise and delight all guests whilst delivering a personalised service.
- Build strong partnerships/ relationships with all St James Quarter Brands, both current and prospective when needed or requested.
- Aid team members who may be experiencing difficulties, “One Team, One Dream” approach.
- Assist the Guest Services Team to deliver specific KPIs.
- Commit to assisting all at St James Quarter to deliver our sustainability vision.
Background & Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Background & Skills
- Preferred experience in similar role ideally within either the Retail, Hotel or Tourism and Travel industries.
- Able to manage complexity and able to deliver with short deadlines.
- Outstanding stakeholder management, strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously. High energy, calm under pressure, real team player.
- Demonstrates drive, resilience, open and innovation when working in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Decisive and collaborative in equal measures.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal & communication skills, with the ability to be flexible.
- Fluent in English, other International languages would be desirable.
- Demonstrate World Class Service either within experienced of Retail or Hospitality backgrounds.
Requirements – Personal Characteristics
- Able to work weekends and late nights in line with core opening hours and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to have difficult conversations, clearly explain initiatives in sufficient detail to gain understanding, and the support of internal and external customers and partners.
- Considered a ‘go to’ person recognised as a role model internally and externally.
- Credible across service areas, creates positive working environments, manages conflict.
- Demonstrates high personal standards, able to identify positive behaviours in others.
- Demonstrates consistent excellence in standards, behaviours, knowledge and skills.
- Develops knowledge and skills of others to deliver objectives.
- Experienced in influencing people, including people senior to their role. A Team player is key.
- Innovative and creative, challenges accepted beliefs.
- Motivated to participate in development opportunities that increase capability and performance.
- Self - motivated, positive interpersonal skills yet determined. Bounces back after setbacks.
- Willing to integrate across service areas, cross functional customer experience improvements are developed and implemented to the benefit of the organisation.
- Have a “Human First” approach.
- Be agile, adaptable and resilient.
Requirements – Qualifications
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience in the use of iOS or Android Devices.
- Proven experience World Class Service in Guest Services.
- Proven experience in developing others.
- Preferable to be Social media Sav