Posted 23 days ago
Step into Tigerlily and discover one of Edinburgh’s most talked-about venues. Amidst pink hues, mirrored walls and chandeliers lie two bars, a buzzing restaurant and 33 bedrooms that effortlessly blend contemporary design with the original features of our Georgian building. But we have been here long enough to know that good looks will only get you so far in life. We pride ourselves on the craft and care we put into our drinks, each which are both carefully developed and mind-blowingly tasty. We use mainly homemade elements, and focus on the highest quality ingredients, spirits, glassware, ice and garnishes. This approach also upskills our team with a solid base knowledge of classics and the know-how on how to create their own signature twists.
About the role… Our Bartenders are key to what we do. Having first arrived on George Street back in the early noughties our bar team have been serving up nothing but good times ever since.
We pride ourselves on having unrivalled service, a team with a knowledge like no other – and most of all, having fun!
Your responsibilities will include…
- Assisting the Bar Manager in the smooth overall running of the bar function.
- Creating and delivering drinks to our high standards, ensuring consistency every time.
- Working with a team, or own your own, ensure the cleanliness and upkeep of the bar and back of house whilst on shift.
- Being there for our guests, be that through recommending drinks, getting to know them, or going out of your way, to make their day!
- Actively seeking to always improve your own knowledge of cocktails, spirits, wine and beer.
- Working late nights and weekends at times – it is where the most fun is had!
An ideal Bartender will…
- Have previous experience working on a busy bar, ideally you will have extensive experience with cocktails in a similar high-volume bar.
- Have great knowledge of all thing’s beer, wine, spirits and cocktails.
- Have shown longevity and loyalty throughout their career.
- Have excellent customer service skills, be able to hold a conversation with just about everyone.
- Have integrity – that is essential.
- Be driven and focused on first class standards.
- Have excellent personal presentation and be professional at all times.
- Be career driven, someone who wants to progress further in their career – we want professionals.
- Be friendly, approachable and passionate about delivering great service!
And finally, what we offer…
Tigerlily is part of the Montpeliers group, an established hospitality operator in Edinburgh and respected for its excellent customer care, inspiring aesthetics, and quality food & drink. You will receive a bespoke training program upon joining, with consistent follow-ups from managers with years of experience. We also offer free management development training, including SVQ qualifications, Leadership and Coaching and Stock Management. You will build great relationships in the industry and receive support from not only your venue managers, but the central team as well. We’re proud of our reputation as a great steppingstone for people who want to excel in the hospitality industry, and work hard to keep it that way, by promoting from within the company as often as we can.
- 20% off all food and drink in our 7 venues
- TRONC tips structure
- Staff meal on every shift
- Restaurant discounts with Dough and Gousto
- Staff meal on every shift
- Wellbeing & beauty discounts with Nuffield Health Gym, Edinburgh Leisure, Zen Beauty and Angus Gordon Hair
- Estate Agency discounts with McEwan Fraser
- Central Taxi discount
- Child Care vouchers
- Maternity & paternity pay
- Flexible schedule
- Bespoke management programs for those who want to progress
- SVQ and Leadership & Coaching qualifications
So, if you think you have what it takes to work with one of the country’s leading hospitality operators – hit apply now